Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:44:48 -0400
From: Derek Peczeniuk <thepez99@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Help w/compiling John+OpenCL+OMP+MPI using MingW and/or cygwin

Hello all.  I'm loving the community so far with the continued development
of John Jumbo.  I was hoping one of you can help me with compiling the
latest bleeding edge version.  I've tried and succeeded using cygwin with
OMP+MPI but cannot figure out how or where to link the OpenCL library.
When configure is run, the .h files are found ok but not the .lib file.
I've copied it just about everywhere.  lol.

Also, I've also used the docker container w/Fedora to cross-compile and
successfully did with OMP+MPI once again using mingw.  But again, same
problem.  the configure script can find the .h files fine but not the .lib
file.  From my google searches, I read that .lib files cannot be used in
mingw and need to be converted.  Is this true?  If so, how?

Any help would be great.  Ideally I would like to use cygwin to compile and
I am so close!  Just need a little nudge from you guys.  :)

Cheers,

Pez