Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:26:08 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MAC and/or Linux JtR version with TrueCrypt Mode

On 2015-07-26 02:34, Nick Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to find if any of the JtR versions for MAC and/or Linux support
> TrueCrypt hashes. I have found the Windows version, but I have not been
> able to locate for the other two OS.  Please point me in the right
> direction.

You should use 1.8.0-Jumbo-1 or later and you should probably build it
yourself from source (this typically enables modern CPU features that
are not used with a generic binary).

If your CPU has AVX2 support (eg. Haswell) you should even use a
bleeding jumbo snapshot from
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/bleeding-jumbo for
another 2x boost (or more) for many formats.

> Also if anyone knows if there is a custom patch and/or build for
> DiskCrypter, similar to the TrueCrypt_volume2John.

I have no idea.

magnum