Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:12:17 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL with AMD FirePro on OS X

On 2015-07-25 18:06, Philip Bleicker wrote:
> I tried to build John 1.8.0 Jumbo 1 with configure and build (with OpenMPI enabled). Every CPU based approach does work. Every OpenCL algorithm fails. Let's take this example:
>
> ./john --test --format=agilekeychain-opencl
>
>   It gives me back:
>
> Device 1: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D300 Compute Engine Local worksize (LWS) 64, global worksize (GWS) 524288 Benchmarking: agilekeychain-opencl, 1Password Agile Keychain [PBKDF2-SHA1 OpenCL AES]... FAILED (cmp_all(1))
>
>   I tried building JTR with the legacy Makefile but it doesn't work neither.
>
> Did I overlook something? The hardware is a Mac Pro with two FirePro D300 running OS X 10.10.2.

On my MBPr running Yosemite, iirc all Jumbo-1 OpenCL formats pass using
any of CPU, HD4000 and nvidia GT650M.

If really *all* OpenCL formats fail, there's likely some major problem
with the driver or the build. I'm not sure what could cause it. What if
you try --device=0 (CPU) or --device=3 (if that's some Intel graphics
engine)?

Please post the output of --list=opencl-devices

magnum