Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 02:22:26 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open encrypted folders in linux

All -

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 07:36:46PM +0000, John Dsouza wrote:
> Linux Ubuntu system crashed n i was forced to install backbox n tried to
> get back formatted data using testdisk n other apps but could not make
> sense of line commands....but anyway that too crashed. Now, can u help me
> get back pdfs n images n small YouTube AVIS from encrypted or other
> folders. Advise boot disk to use...Kali linux or Ubuntu or ? N gui based
> app to get formatted data back.

John's message is borderline off-topic and is not sufficiently specific.
As a moderator, I reluctantly approved it, but I ask that only specific
and knowledgeable responses be posted, please.  And please try to bring
the thread back on topic by posting instructions for using <whatever
other tools> along specifically with JtR.  If you have nothing like this
to say, then please don't reply at all.  It is OK to leave John's
message without a reply, with it merely indicating to us what's in
demand, if we don't have a reply that would be on-topic for this list.

Thanks,

Alexander