Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 23:35:51 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Multiple GPU and Fork

On 2015-06-02 22:45, Luis Rocha wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and In this case I had X running.
> So, I disabled the x11-common service and added the line
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="text" to /etc/default/grub. Upon restart the
> system does not start X.
> I launched JtR, but the same behavior. Interesting, without X, JtR is
> slower starting ... on a different topic not having X breaks oclHashcat1.36
> - ADL_Overdrivev5_CurrentActivity_Get()
>
> Any other things I could try?
>
> PS: I am running this version of Ubuntu and Cat Driver (14.9)  in order to
> have the latest oclhashcat capability.

If it works fine with oclHashcat it should work fine with JtR. Not sure
what is the problem.

You could try running john with sudo just to see if it makes a
difference. Sometimes I've seen that work when there was problems with
X. But again, if oclHascat works I see no reason why JtR would not.

magnum