Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:45:28 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper v1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo-2014-09-28
 for windows is available on the custom-builds wiki page

On 2014-10-03 02:15, Robert Harris wrote:
> Magnum,
>
> Where exactly can I find the commit hash in the github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper file I downloaded?
>
> I'll reply with that info.

That depends on how exactly you downloaded it. If you used
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/bleeding-jumbo to
download a tarball, the abbreviated commit hash is the last 7 characters
of the resulting filename. As of this writing, the name ends up as
"magnumripper-JohnTheRipper-1.8.0-6154-ga886990.tar.gz" and the commit
hash is thus a886990.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commits/bleeding-jumbo
lists the same commit hash in the right column.

magnum