Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 23:59:23 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper v1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo-2014-09-28
 for windows is available on the custom-builds wiki page

OK, that's not too bad. But unfortunately bleeding was less stable than
usual during the last days. That commit has the following "severe"
issues that I know of as of this writing:

- The new mask mode had a scaling issue and several edge-case bugs that
are fixed now. It's definitely usable for the casual user anyway.
- Resuming with an implicit internal encoding will fail. This only
happens if you uncommented Unicode/codepage stuff in john.conf. It is a
recoverable problem but very irritating.

If you have "warm caches" for re-building a version with latest commit
as of now, it would not hurt. But it's not that important if you ask me
- and who knows, we may always find the "worst bug ever" tomorrow
("tomorrow" being a constant) ;-)

magnum