Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 07:18:49 -0800
From: Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: nVidia Maxwell support (especially descrypt)?

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-09-17 09:38, Royce Williams wrote:
>>
>> In an interesting side note, for some reason, some  device specs are
>> mismatched in the --list output.  I double-checked against temperature
>> and fan speed and they're definitely swapped.  The 750s are known for
>> running much cooler than older nvidias, for example.
>
> Could you please verify that this problem is mitigated in recent
> bleeding-jumbo? We are now matching OpenCL device numbers against NVML ones
> using PCI id. We currently only do this for nvidia because we haven't found
> a way to query PCI id from ADL.

Looks good, I think.  The fan and temperature now match the device.  Thanks!

$ ./john --list=opencl-devices | egrep 'name|Fan|Temperature'
NVML PCI info device    02:00.0 (idx 1 'GeForce GTX 750 Ti')
NVML PCI info device    01:00.0 (idx 0 'GeForce GTX 480')
Platform #0 name: NVIDIA CUDA
Device #0 (0) name: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Fan speed: 32%
Temperature: 32°C