Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:57:47 -0400
From: "Robert Harris" <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Problem running John on Windows when trying to crack sha512 encrypted /etc/shadow from Linux

I think I'm going to build the latest versions and put it on the custom-builds site.   I haven't done this in a while...

Are we ever going to have a minor version number again, something like john-1.8.1-jumbo-1?  We haven't had one in a while, and that is part of the reason why I haven't made builds on the custom-builds wiki.

Is there an appropriate name for a bleeding edge build?  What a stable (Is that even still around?)?
If so, do you guys think it is better to build stable or bleeding?

Since we haven't used a minor unofficial build number in a while, is there a time/version that is better to build?

-Robert B. Harris from VA