Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 23:02:17 -0800
From: Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: nVidia Maxwell support (especially descrypt)?

Because of the $150 price and relatively low power requirements (~60W,
no extra power connector needed) of the new nvidia Maxwell (GTX 750
and 750 Ti) cards, and my own interest in descrypt, I'm interested in
seeing JtR take advantage of Maxwell if feasible.

Steve Thomas did a Passwords14 presentation on bitslice DES with
LOP3.LUT (23 min video):

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/passwordscon2014/bitslice-des-with-lop3lut-steve-thomas

Ivan Golubev has worked with it as well, though not for descrypt specifically:

http://www.golubev.com/blog/?p=291

I know that descrypt isn't exactly the hottest topic, but it might be
easy to use it as a Maxwell test case.

Royce