Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:56:28 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help Compiling John on ARM w/ MPI & CUDA

On 2014-07-18 02:54, Pyrex wrote:
> From: Lukas Odzioba<mailto:lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
>> Just for the record, modify Makefile.in:
>> NVCC_FLAGS = -c -Xptxas -v -fmad=true -arch sm_10
>> NVCC_FLAGS = -c -Xptxas -v -fmad=true -arch sm_32
>>
>> and then ./configure --disable-mpi && make -s worked for me.

The --disable-mpi is a no-op, it defaults to disabled.

> I will append that to my notes, how goes the MPI portion of it?

Provided MPI libs, headers and runtime are installed in system paths,
you'd use --enable-mpi:
	./configure --enable-mpi && make -s clean && make -sj8

You'd run it eg. like this (provided all hosts has one CUDA device #0):
	mpirun -host host1,host2 ./john -format=md5crypt-cuda -test

See doc/README.mpi and doc/README-CUDA

magnum