Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 05:28:00 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper Issues

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 06:42:59PM +0100, Pierre-Alexandre Adamopoulos wrote:
> First of all, I read that the pro version came with a wordlist of over 4 million words and 20+ languages, but I seem to only have a basic list.

In JtR Pro, there's all.lst file in the run directory.  It does contain
over 4 million words.  (There's also the smaller password.lst.)

> Secondly, when I run John, and the terminal pops up, I type John (as per instructions) followed by the path to a file I want to crack (a password protected zip file). The terminal then says: No password hashes loaded. I?ve been looking it up everywhere, and every process I find to solve the issue doesn?t work either.

JtR Pro does not support ZIP files.  (It focuses on operating system
passwords, and the JtR Pro homepage gives an exhaustive list of
supported hash types.)  It happens so that ZIP files are supported in
recent free jumbo versions (you need to use the included zip2john tool
first).  Please feel free to give jumbo a try and ask any questions on
it in here.

Unless you request otherwise, I'll refund your JtR Pro purchase shortly.

Alexander