Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:51:22 -0400
From: Jeff OTool <jeffotool1@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: BMC Patrol password representations

 Hello,
I apologize in advance if this is not the optimal mailing list for this
question but I was wondering if anyone has experience or could tell me if
there is a straightforward way to crack BMC Patrol password representations
with jtr?

These password representations are part of an install.ctl answer file used
in Patrol deployment scenarios.

I will be the first to admit I know very little about BMC Patrol or
encryption schemes, but I am hoping that someone may be able to provide
some guidance.

All I have been able to gather so far is that the encryption process may
rely on DES and that there are some interesting patterns in the output.

password is password

/ACCOUNT/passwd=

qRvQlJa8fP2coTEKUS3GMpP+JgOI++Vu

/BMC/CONFIRMATION/PASSWORD=

mXO2dM2nG8ycoTEKUS3GMpP+JgOI++Vu

password is again password

/ACCOUNT/passwd=

yqPtMPfb2O+coTEKUS3GMpP+JgOI++Vu

/BMC/CONFIRMATION/PASSWORD=

Jx/+e9ELvnacoTEKUS3GMpP+JgOI++Vu

Password is passwordpassword

/ACCOUNT/passwd=

MNCeVG86eAGcoTEKUS3GMjOl7fkSjnT55U4ERhrW2PQ=

/BMC/CONFIRMATION/PASSWORD=

uPef75JsmPScoTEKUS3GMjOl7fkSjnT55U4ERhrW2PQ=

Password is passwordpasswordpassword

/ACCOUNT/passwd=

9DlFoY5JCzycoTEKUS3GMjOl7fkSjnT5IEoCjMbsWAL25GCJKOLe0A==

/BMC/CONFIRMATION/PASSWORD=

MFy1FKeQXWycoTEKUS3GMjOl7fkSjnT5IEoCjMbsWAL25GCJKOLe0A==

Thanks

Jeff