Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:10:38 -0400
From: KZug <kzug10@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: EXTRA characters.

Magnum,

In the same general broad spectrum subject,

Is there a way with John to remove some patterns with —incremental output?
I.e. With Jeff’s AES 256 issues that we had few weeks ago, his charset was limited AND he had a long list of patterns limitation. It’s a bit between  —Incremental and —mask

No passwords with 4,3 or 2 digits in a row
No passwords in all upper case
No passwords in all under case
No passwords with more than 3 signs
Etc …

So, do you (or anyone) know of a way to skip those patterns? Besides greping the output to death?

Also, on a side note:
Is there any doc on —Mask?  I am poking a bit around with trailing characters, i.e, it does not like “!”
The option —config does not appear anymore  on —help, but still works.  1.8.0.2 Bleeding jumbo

Thanks

Kris