Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:09:49 +1100
From: Nima Talebi <me@...a.id.au>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Question on Wordlist Combinatorials

Hi!

I'm wondering if there is an efficient way to achieve the following:

Given the word "password123", I would like a single rule to produce:

password 123
passwordOneTwo3
passwordOne2Three
password1TwoThree
passwordOne23
password1Two3
password12Three
passwordOneTwoThree

..plus all the various casings such as all lower-case for each spelled out
numeric token, plus all upper case for example, but say not "OnE" or "OnE".

The `[]' construct allows me to construct numerous words based on a single
rule, for example:

*/1 Dp Ap/[Oo]ne/*
*/2 Dp Ap/[Tt]wo/*
*/3 Dp Ap/[Tt]hree/*

...however that's still going to need a great number of rules to achieve
what I'm after.

In bash I can do this quite simply by using the `{}' constructs:

*$ printf "%s\n" password{1,{o,O}ne,ONE}{2,{T,t}wo,TWO}{3,{T,t}hree,THREE}*
password123
password12Three
password12three
password12THREE
password1Two3
password1TwoThree
password1Twothree
password1TwoTHREE
password1two3
password1twoThree
password1twothree
password1twoTHREE
password1TWO3
password1TWOThree
password1TWOthree
password1TWOTHREE
passwordone23
passwordone2Three
passwordone2three
passwordone2THREE
passwordoneTwo3
passwordoneTwoThree
passwordoneTwothree
passwordoneTwoTHREE
passwordonetwo3
passwordonetwoThree
passwordonetwothree
passwordonetwoTHREE
passwordoneTWO3
passwordoneTWOThree
passwordoneTWOthree
passwordoneTWOTHREE
passwordOne23
passwordOne2Three
passwordOne2three
passwordOne2THREE
passwordOneTwo3
passwordOneTwoThree
passwordOneTwothree
passwordOneTwoTHREE
passwordOnetwo3
passwordOnetwoThree
passwordOnetwothree
passwordOnetwoTHREE
passwordOneTWO3
passwordOneTWOThree
passwordOneTWOthree
passwordOneTWOTHREE
passwordONE23
passwordONE2Three
passwordONE2three
passwordONE2THREE
passwordONETwo3
passwordONETwoThree
passwordONETwothree
passwordONETwoTHREE
passwordONEtwo3
passwordONEtwoThree
passwordONEtwothree
passwordONEtwoTHREE
passwordONETWO3
passwordONETWOThree
passwordONETWOthree
passwordONETWOTHREE
$

I'm hoping there is a nice way to do this in JtR - is there?

Thankyou!