Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 19:13:51 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Help - mpi ocl restore session

On 2014-03-08 17:45, Anthony Tanoury wrote:
>>   Are all nodes using the very same (eg. NFS) working
>>   directory as well as john/run directory? They must.

>> For example, after aborting a session, you should
>>   see this on your master node:
>>
>>   $ l sesname.*
>>   -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   136B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.rec
>>   -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   139K Mar  8 10:38 sesname.log
>>   -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   137B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.4.rec
>>   -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   137B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.3.rec
>>   -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   135B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.2.rec
>
> I only get this on the master node, I'm missing one:
>
> sesname.log
> sesname.rec
> sesname2.rec
>
>>   ...and in that one log file, all nodes' log messages can be
>>   seen (prepended with node number). Maybe this is your
>>   problem?
>
> Yes, only 2 nodes (1,2) are shown prepended in the log file.
> I'm missing one node!

So are you sure that node has the same view of directories and NFS as
the other have? What if you ssh into that missing node, can you see its
session file and log somewhere there? Or if you start a non-MPI opencl
session on that node, using the same format, input files, mode and so on
- does it work fine? You might want to add --verb=5 to get more output
than usual.

magnum