Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:29:39 +0100
From: "JohnyKrekan" <krekan@...nykrekan.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: questions about Incremental attack

Hello, I would like to ask what mathematical principles are used in John's Incremental attack
I use John to generate potential passwords for testing WPA PSK network's security.
I have generated my own chr file from my wordlist and then use
john -i=alpha --stdout
(I replaced standard alpha with my own)
to generate those candidates which are very useful.
My questions are:
1. What mathematical method is used to generate the chr file from the wordlist? Where could I read more about that?
2. What is the algorithm which is used to generate the potential candidates using this table?
Any links which contain informations about mathematical algorithms used in This incremental attack would be very useful for me.
Nice day
Jan Krekan