Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:54:02 -0800
From: "NRO117@...il.com" <nro117gm@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use Wordlists with John The Ripper

I really appreciate your input and guidance. I'm reading more on command line right now.

Meanwhile I attempted as described below.  My results were as follows:
_____

john password_sha1.txt -w=password.lst
stat: password_sha1.txt: No such file or directory
_____

sha1.txt being the hash I am attempting to decrypt
password.lst being the wordlist I am attempting to use

I then entered the following with results below:
_____

john password_sha1.txt -w=password.lst
Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (LM DES [128/128 BS SSE2])
_____

Does that look right? (no different salts included?)

Thanks again. Making progress.