Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:07:39 -0800
From: "L. CEDEÑO" <llcedeno@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How to use Wordlists with John The Ripper

I am a novice with John The Ripper. I have not installed John The Ripper on my system: OS X 10.9.1.
Instead I have downloaded JTR into my downloads folder and using it through terminal to attempt cracking a properly formatted password hash.
The terminal input I use is: USER:johntheripper L7$ ./run/john sha1.txt

My first question is: Can I utilize additional wordlists while using JTR in this manner and if so; how?

Thanks!