Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 02:18:31 +0100
From: Carsten Fuchs <carsten.fuchs@...u.de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Crash in 7z2john.py

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

Am 14.12.2013 19:08, schrieb Dhiru Kholia:
>> Well, this looks like a bug in the script, and I briefly looked at it,
>> but unfortunately don't know enough about the 7z file format to deal
>> with it myself.
>
> That makes two of us.

Well, I cannot promise anything, but maybe I can find some time over the
holidays and try and look into it...

Btw., please forgive my ignorance, but what was the reason to write a
Python script from scratch? Wouldn't it be easier to modify the 7-zip
sources from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html to output the required
hashes? (At least as a first step, until the file format is well enough
understood to load it in a standalone script?)

Best regards,
Carsten