Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:44:21 +0200
From: Yazar Oku <yazaroku2013@...mail.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: {crypt} unsupported

Hi,

Thank you for the quick replies.

After removing the {crypt} part, John managed to detect the method (The {SSHA} is automatically detected, so I didn't remove it). I have kept the "username@...ain" parts as the reporting is important. I have also separated the two hash types on different files so that John can deal with each of them. Now, two John instances are running.

With the help of "OMP_NUM_THREADS" I am able to benefit from the multiple cores but only when dealing with {crypt} hashes. When dealing with {SSHA}, htop shows only a single core reaching 100%. The rest of the cores are sitting idle.

Any idea ?