Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 23:34:40 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: problem with john-cuda and osx

2013/9/22 luka <mrfsrf@...il.com>:
> hi,
> thx for help, but which newly compiled version (macos-x86-64-opencl i get:
>
> $ ./john --format=wpapsk-opencl --test
> OpenCL platform 0: Apple, 2 device(s).
> Using device 1: GeForce 8800 GT
> Compilation log: Error getting function data from server
> Error building kernel. Returned build code: -11. DEVICE_INFO=130

Could you please try the same with our latest code from github?
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/bleeding-jumbo

Are you able to run any other opencl apps, like bitcoin miners?
What is the output of clinfo command (I am not sure if it is present on osx)?

> btw, i followed some tutorial about compiling john with multicore abilities enabled by editing "makefile" in src folder.
> However, the files isn't there, do i have to make it somehow?

It is called Makefile, not makefile :)