Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 23:07:09 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Session restore

That's very odd. There was a bug like that and it was fixed half a year ago or more. Try this:

./john --restore:john

or

cd ../src ; ../run/john --restore:../run/john

just in case you get a difference. FWIW I did try your exact input file and .rec file and they resumed just fine after I fixed that bug in commit d10e869. I have absolutely no idea why you get problems I did not experience.

magnum