Openwall GNU/*/Linux - a small security-enhanced Linux distro for servers
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:04:18 +0200
From: pierzi <pierzi@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JTR Bleeding-Edge compile error in Windows Cygwin

Hi
I've managed to compiled latest bleeding on cygwin with opencl support
win 7 x64 catalyst 13.4 with amd sdk installed
below is my cygwin packages list installed, works fine for md5-open-cl
format. However decrypt gives me error:
Loaded 164 password hashes with 81 different salts (descrypt-opencl,
traditional crypt(3) [DES OpenCL])
Self test failed (get_hash[0](0))...

Below is my cygwin packages list installed, maybe You'll find in useful:)


Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version              Status
alternatives         1.3.30c-10           OK
autoconf             13-1                 OK
autoconf2.1          2.13-12              OK
autoconf2.5          2.69-2               OK
automake             9-1                  OK
automake1.10         1.10.3-2             OK
automake1.11         1.11.6-2             OK
automake1.12         1.12.6-2             OK
automake1.13         1.13.4-1             OK
automake1.14         1.14-1               OK
automake1.4          1.4p6-11             OK
automake1.5          1.5-11               OK
automake1.6          1.6.3-12             OK
automake1.7          1.7.9-11             OK
automake1.8          1.8.5-11             OK
automake1.9          1.9.6-11             OK
base-cygwin          3.3-1                OK
base-files           4.1-1                OK
bash                 4.1.10-4             OK
bash-completion      1.3-1                OK
binutils             2.23.51-1            OK
bzip2                1.0.6-2              OK
ca-certificates      1.87-1               OK
cmake                2.8.9-2              OK
coreutils            8.15-1               OK
cpio                 2.11-2               OK
crypt                1.2-1                OK
cvs                  1.12.13-10           OK
cvsps                2.2b1-1              OK
cygutils             1.4.14-1             OK
cygwin               1.7.24-1             OK
dash                 0.5.7-1              OK
diffutils            3.2-1                OK
dos2unix             6.0.3-1              OK
editrights           1.01-2               OK
file                 5.11-1               OK
findutils            4.5.11-1             OK
gawk                 4.1.0-1              OK
gcc                  4.7.3-1              OK
gcc-core             4.7.3-1              OK
gcc-g++              4.7.3-1              OK
gccmakedep           1.0.2-1              OK
gettext              0.18.1.1-2           OK
git                  1.7.9-1              OK
git-completion       1.7.9-1              OK
git-svn              1.7.9-1              OK
gitk                 1.7.9-1              OK
grep                 2.6.3-1              OK
groff                1.21-2               OK
gzip                 1.4-1                OK
ipc-utils            1.0-1                OK
less                 444-1                OK
libapr1              1.4.8-1              OK
libaprutil1          1.5.2-4              OK
libasn1_8            1.5.2-4              OK
libattr1             2.4.46-1             OK
libbz2_1             1.0.6-2              OK
libcloog0            0.15.11-1            OK
libcom_err-devel     1.42.7-1             OK
libcom_err2          1.42.7-1             OK
libcurl4             7.32.0-1             OK
libdb4.5             4.5.20.2-3           OK
libdb4.8             4.8.30-1             OK
libexpat1            2.1.0-3              OK
libffi4              4.5.3-3              OK
libfontconfig1       2.10.93-1            OK
libfreetype6         2.4.12-1             OK
libgcc1              4.7.3-1              OK
libgdbm4             1.8.3-20             OK
libgmp10             5.1.2-1              OK
libgmp3              4.3.2-1              OK
libgmpxx4            5.1.2-1              OK
libgomp1             4.7.3-1              OK
libgssapi3           1.5.2-4              OK
libheimbase1         1.5.2-4              OK
libheimntlm0         1.5.2-4              OK
libhx509_5           1.5.2-4              OK
libiconv2            1.14-2               OK
libidn11             1.26-1               OK
libintl8             0.18.1.1-2           OK
libiodbc2            3.52.8-1             OK
libkrb5_26           1.5.2-4              OK
liblzma5             5.0.2_20110517-1     OK
libmpc3              1.0.1-2              OK
libmpfr4             3.1.2-1              OK
libmysqlclient18     5.5.31-1             OK
libncurses10         5.7-18               OK
libncursesw10        5.7-18               OK
libopenldap2_4_2     2.4.35-2             OK
libopenssl098        0.9.8y-1             OK
libopenssl100        1.0.1e-2             OK
libpcre0             8.21-2               OK
libpopt0             1.6.4-4              OK
libppl9              0.11.2-1             OK
libppl_c4            0.11.2-1             OK
libpq5               9.2.4-2              OK
libpwl5              0.11.2-1             OK
libquadmath0         4.7.3-1              OK
libreadline7         6.1.2-3              OK
libroken18           1.5.2-4              OK
libsasl2_3           2.1.26-5             OK
libserf1_0           1.3.0-2              OK
libsigsegv2          2.10-1               OK
libsqlite3_0         3.7.17-3             OK
libss-devel          1.42.7-1             OK
libss2               1.42.7-1             OK
libssh2-devel        1.4.2-1              OK
libssh2_1            1.4.2-1              OK
libssp0              4.7.3-1              OK
libstdc++6           4.7.3-1              OK
libuuid1             2.21.2-1             OK
libwind0             1.5.2-4              OK
libX11_6             1.6.0-1              OK
libXau6              1.0.8-1              OK
libxcb1              1.9.1-1              OK
libXdmcp6            1.1.1-1              OK
libXext6             1.3.2-1              OK
libXft2              2.3.1-1              OK
libxml2              2.9.1-1              OK
libXrender1          0.9.8-1              OK
libXss1              1.2.2-1              OK
login                1.10-10              OK
m4                   1.4.16-1             OK
make                 3.82.90-1            OK
man                  1.6g-2               OK
mintty               1.1.3-1              OK
openssl              1.0.1e-2             OK
openssl-devel        1.0.1e-2             OK
perl                 5.14.2-3             OK
perl-Error           0.17016-1            OK
perl_vendor          5.14.2-3             OK
python               2.7.3-1              OK
rebase               4.4.0-1              OK
run                  1.3.0-1              OK
sed                  4.2.2-3              OK
stgit                0.16-2               OK
subversion           1.8.1-1              OK
subversion-perl      1.8.1-1              OK
tar                  1.26-1               OK
tcl                  8.5.11-1             OK
tcl-tk               8.5.11-1             OK
terminfo             5.7_20091114-14      OK
texinfo              4.13-4               OK
tzcode               2013c-1              OK
vim-minimal          7.3.1152-1           OK
w32api-headers       3.0b_svn5935-1       OK
w32api-runtime       3.0b_svn5935-1       OK
which                2.20-2               OK
xz                   5.0.2_20110517-1     OK
zlib-devel           1.2.8-1              OK
zlib0                1.2.8-1              OK




2013/8/30 Victor Mamuaya <victor.mamuaya@...il.com>

> hi sorry for late reply, it's gmt +7 here. :-D
>
> btw, based on dhiru and magnum suggestion,
> here is the gcc -v, micc -v and the compile stuff.
>
> Apollo@...mpus ~/JohnTheRipper/src
> $ gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> COLLECT_GCC=gcc
> COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe
> Target: x86_64-pc-cygwin
> Configured with:
> /cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/gcc/gcc-4.8.1-3/src/gcc-4.8.1/configure
> --srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/gcc/gcc-4.8.1-3/src/gcc-4.8.1
> --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
> --libexecdir=/usr/lib --datadir=/usr/share --localstatedir=/var
> --sysconfdir=/etc --datarootdir=/usr/share --docdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc -C
> --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin
> --without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --enable-shared
> --enable-shared-libgcc --enable-static
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-bootstrap
> --disable-__cxa_atexit --with-dwarf2 --with-tune=generic
> --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-graphite
> --enable-threads=posix --enable-libatomic --enable-libgomp --disable-libitm
> --enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support --enable-libssp
> --enable-libgcj-sublibs --disable-java-awt --disable-symvers
> --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/ecj.jar --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
> --with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl --without-libiconv-prefix
> --without-libintl-prefix --with-system-zlib
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC)
>
> Apollo@...mpus ~/JohnTheRipper/src
> $ mpicc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/gcc
> COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe
> Target: x86_64-pc-cygwin
> Configured with:
> /cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/gcc/gcc-4.8.1-3/src/gcc-4.8.1/configure
> --srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/gcc/gcc-4.8.1-3/src/gcc-4.8.1
> --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
> --libexecdir=/usr/lib --datadir=/usr/share --localstatedir=/var
> --sysconfdir=/etc --datarootdir=/usr/share --docdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc -C
> --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin
> --without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --enable-shared
> --enable-shared-libgcc --enable-static
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-bootstrap
> --disable-__cxa_atexit --with-dwarf2 --with-tune=generic
> --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-graphite
> --enable-threads=posix --enable-libatomic --enable-libgomp --disable-libitm
> --enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support --enable-libssp
> --enable-libgcj-sublibs --disable-java-awt --disable-symvers
> --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/ecj.jar --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
> --with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl --without-libiconv-prefix
> --without-libintl-prefix --with-system-zlib
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC)
>
> Apollo@...mpus ~/JohnTheRipper/src
> $ make -s clean && make -sj8 win32-cygwin-x86-opencl
> DES_std.c: In function ‘DES_std_set_key’:
> DES_std.c:636:17: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
> [-Warray-bounds]
>    while (DES_key[i++]) k += 2;
>                  ^
> mozilla_fmt.c:354:2: warning: #warning Note: Mozilla format disabled,
> un-comment HAVE_NSS in Makefile if you have NSS installed. [-Wcpp]
>  #warning Note: Mozilla format disabled, un-comment HAVE_NSS in Makefile if
> you have NSS installed.
>   ^
> krb5-18_fmt.c:314:2: warning: #warning Note: krb5-18 format disabled,
> un-comment HAVE_KRB5 in Makefile if you have MIT Kerberos 5 libs and
> headers installed. [-Wcpp]
>  #warning Note: krb5-18 format disabled, un-comment HAVE_KRB5 in Makefile
> if you have MIT Kerberos 5 libs and headers installed.
>   ^
> krb5-23_fmt.c:284:2: warning: #warning Note: krb5-23 format disabled,
> un-comment HAVE_KRB5 in Makefile if you have MIT Kerberos 5 libs and
> headers installed. [-Wcpp]
>  #warning Note: krb5-23 format disabled, un-comment HAVE_KRB5 in Makefile
> if you have MIT Kerberos 5 libs and headers installed.
>   ^
> KRB5_fmt_plug.c: In function ‘salt’:
> KRB5_fmt_plug.c:211:1: error: unrecognizable insn:
>  }
>  ^
> (insn 73 72 74 10 (set (reg/f:SI 129)
>         (symbol_ref:SI ("__ctype_ptr__") [flags 0x440] <var_decl
> 0x6ffffb06880 __ctype_ptr__>)) KRB5_fmt_plug.c:119 -1
>      (nil))
> KRB5_fmt_plug.c:211:1: internal compiler error: in extract_insn, at
> recog.c:2150
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> Makefile:2336: recipe for target `KRB5_fmt_plug.o' failed
> make[1]: *** [KRB5_fmt_plug.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> ssh_ng_fmt_plug.c: In function ‘check_padding_3des’:
> ssh_ng_fmt_plug.c:255:1: error: unrecognizable insn:
>  }
>  ^
> (insn 318 317 319 49 (set (reg/f:SI 250)
>         (symbol_ref:SI ("__ctype_ptr__") [flags 0x440] <var_decl
> 0x6ffff9bb778 __ctype_ptr__>)) -1
>      (nil))
> ssh_ng_fmt_plug.c:255:1: internal compiler error: in extract_insn, at
> recog.c:2150
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> Makefile:2336: recipe for target `ssh_ng_fmt_plug.o' failed
> make[1]: *** [ssh_ng_fmt_plug.o] Error 1
> Makefile:1769: recipe for target `win32-cygwin-x86-opencl' failed
> make: *** [win32-cygwin-x86-opencl] Error 2
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 29 Aug, 2013, at 19:50 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> > > On 08/30/13 at 12:15am, Victor Mamuaya wrote:
> > >> I got this error while compiling jtr bleeding-edge.
> > >> the compile log > http://pastebin.com/pWjzkFG6
> > >
> > > Please note that pastebin content can go away. Try to mention specific
> > > errors you are getting.
> >
> > It might also be a good idea to add the -s option to make, this will
> > suppress all unneeded output. Only in rare cases will that flag conceal
> the
> > actual problem. Also btw, the -j option is excellent if you have a
> > multi-core CPU but it can't be used with "clean" so you have to separate
> it
> > like this:
> >
> > $ make -s clean && make -sj8 win32-cygwin-x86-opencl
> >
> >
> > > Please post the output of "gcc -v" and I can try reproducing the
> > > problem.
> >
> > In this case I think you should also check the output of "mpicc -v" in
> > case it differs.
> >
> > magnum
> >
>
>
>
> --
> My Gallery
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/33226734@N08/
>

Powered by blists - more mailing lists

Your e-mail address:

Confused about mailing lists and their use? Read about mailing lists on Wikipedia and check out these guidelines on proper formatting of your messages.