Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:04:53 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JTR Bleeding-Edge compile error in Windows Cygwin

On 29 Aug, 2013, at 19:50 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/13 at 12:15am, Victor Mamuaya wrote:
>> I got this error while compiling jtr bleeding-edge.
>> the compile log > http://pastebin.com/pWjzkFG6
>
> Please note that pastebin content can go away. Try to mention specific
> errors you are getting.

It might also be a good idea to add the -s option to make, this will suppress all unneeded output. Only in rare cases will that flag conceal the actual problem. Also btw, the -j option is excellent if you have a multi-core CPU but it can't be used with "clean" so you have to separate it like this:

$ make -s clean && make -sj8 win32-cygwin-x86-opencl

> Please post the output of "gcc -v" and I can try reproducing the
> problem.

In this case I think you should also check the output of "mpicc -v" in case it differs.

magnum