Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:42:33 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help a newbie to crack a password

On 15 Aug, 2013, at 21:34 , Victor <vbis@...reton.com> wrote:
> make[1]: mpicc: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [john-mpi.o] Error 1
> make: *** [macosx-x86-64] Error 2
> ​ >>
>
> I googled it and understood that I need to instal OpenMPI because it is not
> on Lion.

Right. Skip MPI for now.

> ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/usr/local/ssl/lib'

You need to install OpenSSL (including development headers). This is your real problem.

> So, few questions:
> - How do I know if I Have NSS installed?

Ignore the NSS messages. They only affect mozilla format.

> ​What is -msse4?

Ignore that for now. With some tricks you can compiler for SSE4 but it's just marginally faster.

> - Why is "option -s" obsolete?

That too can be safely ignored.

magnum