Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:56:08 +0400
From: Victor le Breton <vbis@...reton.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help a newbie to crack a password

First of all, sorry for the 1st message, I messed it up with some failed
copy/pate.
Thank you for answering me.

2013/8/14 Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
> I think I assumed wrong :) You sould be able to run the script on OSX, but
> again you'll need pylzma installed too.

Yes, sorry i didn't clearly said it. I'm on Mac OS X Lion. And John the
Ripper 1.8.0 (no jumbo)

> "7-Zip files without header encryption are *not* supported yet!" Which
means that if the filename aren't encrypted the script won't produce a
hash...

How do I know if filenames are encrypted or not?

I found this on sourceforge from the maker of Keka (soft used to creat the
archive and to put the password).
http://tinyurl.com/ls97nd3
< As I'm currently using p7zip for Zip packaging, AES-256 is used to
encryption in both 7z and Zip files.>

Does this encryption encrpyte filenames?

Once again thank you for your help. I know it is not that easy to help
dummies :-)

Victor