Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:15:35 +1000
From: Michael Samuel <mik@...net.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Resume for KDEPaste external mode

> Yes.  We already have the ".include [SECTION]" directive working in any
> place of the configuration file(s) in jumbo.  Michael - perhaps you were
> not aware of this?  Perhaps it'd address your needs.  I think you can
> use it as a workaround for the currently missing ability to call
> functions from external mode (just place whatever you wanted to have in
> a function into a separate section and .include it, possibly more than
> once, where you wanted to call the function).
>
> That would address part of my need.  The other thing that would be nice is
being able to change the size of a declared array, based on a user-settable
constant - eg. so I can create arrays of the right size, depending on a
user setting.

Anyway, it's no big deal for me - it would just make end-users working with
these random password generator style modes a little more user-friendly.

Regards,
  Michael