Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:11:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: NeonFlash <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: JtR OpenCL - AMD GPU not listed

I have tried connecting to the Linux machine over SSH using the ssh command from linux as well.

ssh -X username@<IP address of remote machine>

ssh username@<IP address of remote machine>

In both the cases, clinfo does not detect GPU and fglrxinfo is unable to open the display.

Please note that I am connecting to the remote machine over SSH as a root user (PermitRootLogin is set to Yes in his sshd_config file). I know this is not secure, but he has provided me root access.

While he is logged into X as a different user. So, would it be a problem?

Should I login as the same user via SSH as the user who is logged into X locally?

I hope this will help in fixing the issue.

Thanks.