Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:46:19 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Case Toggling

On 19 Mar, 2013, at 16:21 , Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:

> I'm curious why I'd use the "NT" rule as opposed to "t" ?
>
> TDQT[z0]T[z1]T[z2]T[z3]T[z4]T[z5]T[z6]T[z7]T[z8]T[z9]T[zA]T[zB]T[zC]
> vs
> t <D >4

t toggles the whole word just once: The word "passWORD" will become "PASSword" and only that.

That NT rule line expands to 8192 lines after the preprocessor, for producing 8192 possible combinations of toggling, and the complete NT ruleset is supposed to do this for any length (within limits) and produce few or no dupes.

magnum