Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 20:06:46 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [question] How to crack a specific ssh key pass

On 7 Mar, 2013, at 10:44 , Thomas Fétiveau <thomas.fetiveau.tech@...il.com> wrote:

> On a side note: I'm running under a multi-core multi-threaded win 7 64 bit and the john-opm.exe doesn't use more thread nor core nor CPU usage than john.exe (the both use just about 12,5% of my overall CPU capacity).

What version are you using? Any version older than 1.7.9-Jumbo-7 should be upgraded. Also, latest git code (Jumbo 8 candidate) has an alternative ssh-ng format that is 10x faster but may produce false positives. It will still take 5 billion years to exhaust that keyspace though (not considering Moore's law).

magnum