Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:34:57 +0000
From: Nicolas Brulez <nicolas.Brulez@...persky.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: RAR Cracking with JtR Jumbo (Files found during
 forensics)

>Not a stupid question.  The answer is we don't support GPUs under
>Windows yet.  We do under Linux and Mac OS X.

Ah, "Good". I would feel stupid if it was right there in the doc.
I went through it, but i may have missed it.
Ok, too bad i am windows reverse engineer then ;)

>Yes, but it's a bit tricky.
hehe..

>Thanks!  What version of John?  Looks like not our latest git?
John the Ripper password cracker, ver: 1.7.9-jumbo-5_omp [win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i]

>I'm not sure why 7970's speed has dropped so much (vs. --test).  magnum?
So i assume my 1200 c/s from crark was probably not accurate and my speed if even lower..

>To do something useful, I actually ran the 7970 against password.lst
>--rules=jumbo (3% done now) and the GTX 570 against RockYou top 10k
>--rules=jumbo (1% done now), both with duplicates purged and running
>against the first of three RARs only (I guess the password is the same
>for the three).  I'll probably interrupt these at some point before
>completion, though, as we use this box for JtR development and
>benchmarks.

Who knows, we may be lucky ;)

Thanks for everything,
Nico