Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:58:56 +0100
From: "JohnyKrekan" <krekan@...nykrekan.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Incremental attack properties questions

 Good morning,
My name is Jan Krekan and I am currently working as a security researcher at the Technical University of Kosice Slovakia (www.tuke.sk).
Subject of my research is development of intelligent methods for monitoring and securing  wireless networks.
One of the topic in my research is testing strength of passwords used for protecting WPA/WPA PSK networks.
I know the John the ripper and openwall project for a long time. Here are my questions which I think that I am asking the right person:

1. When I read entire documentation of john the ripper I think that the John's Incremental attack could be useful for generating wordlists which can be used to test WPA/WPA2 PSK passwords.
When I run john -i=alpha and specify that I would like to generate passwords for example which are only 8 chars long, how many passwords will be generated?
How can I precompute it?
2. What do I need to create a alpha.chr file for passwords derived from Slovak language? When I tested the lists of passwords generated by John against a slovakian wordlist, the , only 50% of passwords could be broken, when I compared it to english wordlist, the success rate was a lot better.
Thank you for any info
Jan Krekan, Technical university of Kosice, Slovakia.