Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:11:20 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: crack firefox password?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:48 AM, . <Look@...okring.net> wrote:
> Where do I get mozillajohn?
>
> Is there a simple way to install it once I get it?  Compiling has always
> been a mystery to me.
Oh sorry, I assumed too much :) You need a recent version of John,
1.7.9-jumbo-6 at least (I think). The version you listed is too old,
and I'm not sure it's the JUMBO version which includes lots of
additional features and hash types. Compiling on Mac should be like
any other *nix OS, but I've never done it on a Mac. Or you may want to
try one of the user contributed custom builds found here:
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/custom-builds#Compiled-for-Mac-OS-X
The top two list mozilla support as being compiled in, so they should
have all the binaries you need to get started.
-rich