Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:09:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
cc: john.magnum@...hmail.com
Subject: invalid parameter combination for AltiVec intrinsic

Hi,

when compiling for linux-ppc32-altivec (gcc 4.4.5), this happens:

gcc -c -Wall -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-I/usr/local/include       -DHAVE_CRYPT -DHAVE_DL -finline-functions
-finline-limit=4000 -maltivec DES_bs_b.c
In file included from DES_bs_b.c:1082:
sboxes-s.c: In function ‘s1’:
sboxes-s.c:59: error: invalid parameter combination for AltiVec intrinsic
[...]

This has been reported before[0] and a patch had been available[1], now
the github issue#82 cannot be found any more (because the github repo has
been renamed[2]). Does anybody know where I can find this patch to make
linux-ppc32-altivec compile again?

Thanks,
Christian.

[0] http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/09/10/17