Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:20:28 -0600
From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How does incremental mode works?

Hi all

I see that default incremental option is not a sequential brute force. Can
someone please give me details about how it works and how password
candidates are generated and selected?

Also, I see that OCL hashcat has a similar feature which also give us good
results. Is there any kind of comparison between the two modes used? Which
one is more effective? Or downside and upsides for jTr and OCL hashcat?

Thanks.