Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:52:02 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: NOTE: GitHub repo and magnum-jumbo branch is RENAMED

I just did what I have warned about for some time: The GitHub repo and the magnum-jumbo branch is now renamed, to avoid confusion (previously, the repo and one of the branches had the same name).

The repository is renamed from magnum-jumbo to JohnTheRipper.
The magnum-jumbo branch is now called unstable-jumbo.

Also, the 1.7.9-jumbo-6-fixes branch is renamed to 1.7.9-jumbo-7 but that should be less of a problem since it must not be written to from now on.

The bleeding-jumbo branch is not renamed, but you still have to change the remote url or re-clone using the new repo name.

For beginners, the easiest way to cope with this is to just re-clone to a new base directory. The wiki page is changed to reflect the new names: http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches

Anybody having uncommitted work in progress will basically have to resolve this yourselves. It's easy to fix (in dozens of alternative ways) but somewhat hard to describe.

I hope this inconvenience will pay off over time.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper

magnum