Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 19:51:59 -0500
From: Ryan Owens <ryanvader@...e.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Help compiling on fedora 17

Hello everyone.
I am having issues compiling john-jumbo-6 on my fedora 17 x86_64 install. I want to add cuda support, but am having library errors. Here is what is happening:

/usr/bin/ld: cuda_common.o: undefined reference to symbol '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3' is defined in DSO /opt/gcc4.4.7/lib64//libstdc++.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/opt/gcc4.4.7/lib64//libstdc++.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hacking-tools/john-1.7.9-jumbo-6/src'
make: *** [linux-x86-64-cuda] Error 2

I have the c++ libraries installed.  I have the library added to my .bashrc (because I have 2 versions of gcc installed). and I have confirmed that the libraries are "there". I am also having library problems with other "cuda" programs. i can't ask about them at the cuda forums, so I thought I would ask here. Fixing the john program will probably fix the others.

Ryan