Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:51:34 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is there any patch to crack MySQL Network auth?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM, agap1@...abit.com <agap1@...abit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>> I have a few MySQL network authentication hashes (SHA1 + challenge), but I
>> can't find a option to crack it with John. There is a patch (even if
>> unofficial) to crack it?
>
> AFAIK there is support on the jumbo patch.
>
> Take a look at:http://www.openwall.com/john/#contrib
While JtR supports cracking MySQL hashes in an "offline" form, I don't
believe there is support for a pcap or captured traffic support like
jumbo has for VNC challenge/responses. With examples (captured
traffic) of known passwords it's entirely possible for someone to
create one, but as far as I know no one has done so yet.
-rich