Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:49:50 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Learn from 'Crack Me If You Can 2012'.

For those reading this in list archives: the thread was broken and
continued in:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2012/08/16/1

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 07:19:15AM -0500, Richard Miles wrote:
> 1) Have you compiled a more robust set of rules for John The Ripper in
> comparison with the good KoreLogic 2010 ruleset (
> http://contest-2010.korelogic.com/rules.html)? If yes, is it available to
> download anywhere?

I replied to this here:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2012/08/16/2

> 2) I'm very interested in pass-phrase cracking. Do you know any good
> pass-phrase word-list?

I don't.  Some larger English wordlists include idioms, but those are
not common passphrases.

> Or can you point me to a resource explaining how to
> effectively test for it during my password cracking tasks?

I am not aware of a resource on passphrase cracking, but we tried to
provide some advice in the other portion of the thread.

Alexander