Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:57:01 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john with Apple Keychains (/Users/Alex/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:52:23PM +0200, Alex Kornilov wrote:
> tried this. This is my output file (correct?):

Yes.  Just make sure the password on this keychain is not security
sensitive anymore (change it if it's still used anywhere, protect the
actual keychain file, etc.) - that is, assume that anyone can crack it
based on your posting.

> then (this time without options):
> $ john /tmp/login.keychain-john-format
> No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

1.7.9-jumbo-6 loads your file just fine:

Loaded 1 password hash (Mac OS X Keychain PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA-1 3DES [32/64])

And you're right, the options are better avoided at first.

Alexander