Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:43:22 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JTR 1.7.9 jumbo 6 compiled os X -> download binaries

On Jul 10, 2012, at 3:56 PM, newangels newangels wrote:

> Hi W/A/,
>
> Thanks for your effort's, i test your build & error's i got , here ;
>
> MacBookPro 17', I7 , SSD, LION 1.7.4
>
> **************************************
> new-host:run xxxx$ ./john
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libmpi.1.dylib
>  Referenced from: /Users/XXXXX/Desktop/john-1.7.9-jumbo-6/run/./john
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap: 5

> Propably cause MPI...but not sure, in my case i haven't installed on
> LION MPI, cause, better results for me with OpenMP
>
> Anyways, thanks for the time,
>
> Regards,
>
> Donovan

That is to be expected if the dynamic library versions do not match exactly.  You need to create static libraries and link those during compile.  I could never get a statically linked MPI version to work correctly, but OMP works fine.  I used the following LDFLAGS line once I had the libraries built and moved to my src directory.

LDFLAGS = ./libcrypto.a ./libssl.a ./libgomp.a -lm

Erik