Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:26:14 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's status report #11

I missed my status report yesterday. Sorry!

My previous status report is on john-dev.

During this week I finished skeleton of client side. So now I am about
to make a skeleton of server side. I already tested request tracker's
speed and tried redmine but did not tried to fill them with reasonable
amount of tickets yet because I already got problems with about empty
database.

On my Debian box redmine works well out of the box but request tracker
is too slow. It takes 5 seconds to create ticket using cli and 1
second to update it (when there are changes, setting the same values
is much faster). Web ui is not better. It is abnormal. There should be
some misconfiguration.

Nevertheless I plan to use request tracker as is for skeleton to try
the whole process in action. Speed does not matter now. Though I do
not want to spend much time on this. Request tracker's cli seems to be
easy to use so I hope to make rough integration of client side with rt
right today.

I did not yet fixed everything that Frank pointed me out after
previous status report.

Done

> - Draft implementation of client side

It seems to be done.

To do

> - Draft implementation of server side

That is my primary priority. Though it will be a bare bone thing.

- Try to fix request tracker to get reasonable speed

> - Look into other possible collaboration server side tool
> - Compare them by speed

- Apply Frank's suggestions from status report #10

> - Fix markup on the wiki page

> - Research possible statistics and their importance

> - Keep discussions

> - Develop plan B for server side

> - Set repo up

Regards,