Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:40:40 -0600
From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SSHA / SHA256 BASE64 on 1.79-5

On 24 June 2012 10:23, donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have some trouble to find the correct syntax with an SHA256 BASE64 Hashe.
>
> The hashes :
>
> 00CSqo60oi0+VzbLjsWo/m65VNj16CF7jW6RqXyQHpQ=
>
> So i make some search a seem is identified now at :
>
> "ssha – Netscape LDAP SSHA"
>
> So i add on the start on the hashes {SSHA}
>
> & run ./john hashe.txt
>
> & i got this error :
>
> ***************
>
> unknown salt size for {SSHA}00CSqo60oi0+VzbLjsWo/m65VNj16CF7jW6RqXyQHpQ=
> (total len=50)
> Segmentation fault: 11

Ok the segmenation fault looks bad. I don't think I can help with that
part. What will be needed though is:

What version of John
What OS
What hardware

After that I was looking at the item, and I don't know if it is
actually SSHA because it is a LOT longer than what the SSHA strings I
found in the source code.

00CSqo60oi0+VzbLjsWo/m65VNj16CF7jW6RqXyQHpQ=
Qc9OB+aEFA/mJ5MNy0AB4hRIkNiAbqDb
YbB2R1D2AlzYc9wk/YPtslG7NoiOWaoMOztLHA==

This leads me to believe that if that is actually a SSHA then there is
extra items in it.

Doing a base64 decode of the string gave me a bunch of binary data but
a -> in the string. So.. try

{SSHA}VzbLjsWo/m65VNj16CF7jW6RqXyQHpQ=

which isn't in any of my dictionaries but does not cause john to crap
out so hopefully I pulled the string at the right point.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd