Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 02:01:21 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bash completion for john and unique

On 05/21/2012 10:24 AM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> I created a bash completion script for John the Ripper which supports
> bash completion for john (official releases and jumbo versions)

Unfortunately, nobody replied to that mail.
This either means, nobody is interested in bash completion for john, my
last mail was too confusing, or everybody was happy with my script and
didn't find any problems.

Anyway, meanwhile a lot has been changed.

Attached to this mail is the newest version of the script.
(This version is not yet available in magnum's git repository, but I
hope this will not take very long - unless magnum finds bugs in my code.)

The bash completion script now not only supports completion for
--option=val, but also for abbreviated forms --opt=val or -opt=val as
well as options with a colon instead of an equal sign as a separator:
--option:val, -opt:val, and so on.

The location of the script will also change when the next jumbo is released.

My previous mail in this thread describes how to enable bash completion,
and how to adjust completion according to your preferences:

http://openwall.com/lists/john-users/2012/05/21/1

Please test the bash completion, so that I can fix bugs prior to the
next jumbo release.

Frank

View attachment "john.bash_completion" of type "text/plain" (19541 bytes)