Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 11:21:03 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's status report #2

Hi Aleksey,

On 05/01/2012 11:55 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> My first week of work on the automated equipped working place of a hash
> cracker was not very intensive. I will compensate it during next week due to
> holidays.

nevertheless, thanks for the update.

> I quoted my previous status report.
>

> Done
>
>> - New good project name
>>
>> I have a timeline in my proposal. I think I will use it as a roadmap trying to
>> move faster. So I think it would be nice to have it on the wiki but it needs
>> good page name and thus good project name.
>
> I put my choice onto 'Joan the Helper' name. It is not perfect. So comments
> are welcome.

I agree that a good name is important, but I'm afraid I am not of much
help here. So let's see what others suggest.

> I started page for it: http://openwall.info/wiki/john/joan
>
> There are my proposal and timeline. Markup still needs to be cleaned.

Thanks for sharing this information. You could also add a link to it
from http://openwall.info/wiki/john.

> - Collaboration tools research
> - Draft implementation of server side
>
> There are some tools for collaboration or just communication including cms's,
> forums, chats, blogs, wikis, bug trackers. So I will look through them to
> learn how it could be and look like. Then I'll familiarize myself with the
> best solution and try to implement part of server using it.

Please post an update to john-users (probably a separate thread) If you
come to any conclusions what tools could be used (and what makes them a
good choice) and what tools have been dismissed (for what reason)

Frank