Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:32:13 +0000 (UTC)
From: donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extract the cracked pass from John.pot

Solar Designer <solar@...> writes:

> Are you trying to say that if you run a wordlist with the word "frank"
> against a certain password file when you already have "frank" for another
> hash in your john.pot, then "frank" passwords in your new password file
> won't be cracked?  If so, that's not true.  They will be cracked just fine.
>
> It _does_ make sense to reuse john.pot passwords as wordlists, but not
> for the reason above.
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Well, i think my English speaking is really poor, sorry...

Ok, i am trying to re_formulated the fact ;

What i am trying to say is ;

When i run : ./john --format=DES hashe.txt

In this hashe.txt file you have by ex; ( whatever hashe can be )
an des one

this hashe is corresponding to an pass who are allready in POT file
associated For sure to the Corresponding DES Hashe,
by the way for sur john find it.

Sorry for this newby show_up, but whant to be sure to be understanding

Hashe file : user1:0.DjX5.6pvjdI

Line in pot file = 0.DjX5.6pvjdI:Taylor

By the way, when i am going to run ./john --format=DES hashe.txt
we got it

BUT ! i run by ex ; ( whatever other hashe ) an MD5 hashe file

./john --format=raw-md5 hasheMD5.txt

in this "hasheMD5.txt" file are an md5 corresponding
to the pass : Taylor

John didn't find it, cause he for sure don't find any associated line
of an MD5 corresponding to MD5hashe:taylor in POT file.

I make some tests & created some hashes & run the attempts
& make this observation.

The reason why i request to extracted the pass from the pot file
to be able to use it on any hashes like an WL.

Hope you can understand me,

Regards,

Donovan