Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 00:31:11 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: automation equipped working place of hash cracker, proposal

I prepare my application for Google Summer of Code 2012. I would like to
develop automation equipped working place of hash cracker: set of helper
programs on top of John the Ripper to simplify or fully automate everyday
tasks of a hash cracker or a team of them.

I think such tool could help a lot during contests like CrackMeIfYouCan too.
Hence I see it as a team oriented tool. Though it should be suitable as a
single user tool.

For that moment I see following key features:
- Advanced statistics to help in decision making
- Support in search for password patterns
- Support for rule auto generation
- Easy decision and attack review
- Collaborative attack development and decision making
- Transparent distribution
- Easy deployment on untrusted nodes
- Easy cluster building
- Comfortable and not confusing user interface design

What do you think? What do I miss? What do you miss in your current work
environment? Maybe you have an exact view of some aspects of hash cracking
process of your dream, don't you? Please tell me!

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov