Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:01:07 -0500
From: jmk <jmk@...fus.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Simple John Rules Example

Hi,

I just started playing with John rules and I'm thoroughly confused. I'm
attempting to simply try different combinations of vowel removal. For
example, if my dictionary contains "bonkers", I'd like to test bonkers,
bnkers, bonkrs, and bnkrs. I can purge all vowels with "@?v", but that
isn't what I'm looking for. I can remove the first vowel with "/?v Dp
Q", but that isn't right either.

Any pointers? Is the RULES file the best place to start for learning
these things?

Thanks,
Joe