Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:20:33 +0100
From: buawig@...il.com
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: rule: >NN  , format=cuda-mscash, filters, --make-charset
 segfault

>> b) I would be interested in a filter that match the following
>> characteristics:
>> - 3 out of 4 character classes are used
>> - minimum length check
>
> Here you are:
>
> [List.External:Policy3of4]

Works like a charm, thanks!

>> ver: 1.7.9-jumbo-5_mpi [linux-x86-64-cuda]
>>
>> CHARSET_MAX			0xFF
>> CHARSET_LENGTH			16
>>

>> [host:02589] *** Process received signal ***
>> [host:02589] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
>
> Did you do a "make clean" before re-building with these changed
> settings?  If not, please try that and report back.

I changed params.h before building it the first time.

> Does the segfault occur on --make-charset or on --incremental or on
> some other invocation?  Please provide more detail.

the exact cmd line was:
./john --make-charset=x.chr john.pot

now I understood what the last argument is supposed to be and I agree
that the above line doesn't make much sense ;)

After all I couldn't reproduce it with the 1.7.9-jumbo-5 (withouth the
cuda patch).